Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Main page Content

History

History of our school

Mirriwinni State School indeed had a very modest beginning, with the first school being held in a small cottage (21 feet x 14 feet), rented by the department from the storekeeper, Mr McKinnon.

The school commenced on the 16th October, 1916, under the watchful eye of Miss Josephine Hall.  Ten boys and ten girls were on the roll for the first year of school in 1916. We certainly have come a long way indeed from those days in the one room that did not even have a blackboard, to computers, interactive whiteboards & television. 

But throughout the years there is one thing that has not changed and that is the feeling of 'belonging' to this school.  All children are made to feel welcome in a caring and loving environment where they are supported and encouraged to grow with honour, trust and dedication.

Our school motto perhaps sums up our school well.

'Success Follows Effort'